Sunday, September 20, 2009

For those of you that don't know...

music is a very big part of my life. Listening, singing, playing: whatever. I dig it. Which leads me to this story and how it warms the cockles of my heart just thinking about it.

Last week Madison, Ian and Reagan were riding in my truck and I had my iTouch plugged in. "My Sharona" by The Knack came on and I saw all three of them bobbing their heads; even the 1 year old. When the song was over they made me replay it, 6 times. Awesome.

Today after church, another song came on the iTouch and I had to replay it until we arrived home. They were grooving in their car seats and singing the chorus by the time we pulled into the driveway.

It does a Daddy very proud to know his kids can't get enough of "Do You Wanna Dance" by The Ramones.

Other music of which they can't get enough: "Groovin'" by The Rascals, "Talk Talk" by Talk Talk, "Sowing the Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears and the piece de resistance...I pause a moment whilst I wipe a tear of joy from my cheek...anyhing by The Beatles.

The Beatles...sniff, sniff.

No comments: