Saturday, February 13, 2010

Please be honest...UPDATED...

What is your reaction to this story? Please be honest and post your reply.

The link.

UPDATE:

Mike had the right answer. At least as far as I'm concerned. I can't for the life of me understand why a parent would count on the school system to feed his or her child. It is unfathomable to me.

Some may say what if they have fallen on hard times? What if both parents lost their jobs?

GO WORK AT MCDONALDS!

I can tell you right now, unequivocally and without hesitation, my children will never go hungry. Ever.

Unless of course they are naughty in which case they may got to bed without supper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tough one. Kids not having enough food around the house to eat. Is it because they have cable and a cell phone? I promise you can feed someone for about $25 a week. 2 meals a day. I'm not sure how to feel on this one. Farouk saying recently that white people won't work factory jobs comes to mind. I am sure that most of these parents who can't afford food for their kids would be happy to work in a factory, if it were available in their area. The right thing to do is to make sure these families are taken care of before we send a dime in aid to any other country.

Mike said...

The problem is that these families rely on the government to feed thier children breakfast and lunch during the school week. I see it every school day, kids come in eat free breakfast because mom and dad don't provide it for them at home. They will have the expensive late model car, the lastest and greastest nike shoes, everything that makes them look like they are from money. However, there home will be a trailer home that is falling down. It is the cycle of poverty. I agree that you can provide two meals a day for a week for $25 a person. It's not the kids fault that they are not eating and the parents have the expensive car and 52" plasma TV, it is poor choices by the parents that cause this. The government does not help when they give free handouts and basically tell the parents rely on us and don't make yourself better or get out of poverty to make life better for yourself.