Sunday, August 1, 2010

Here's a situation for you...

a new neighbor moved in next door. Nice family. Two kids about the same ages as Ian and Reagan. Could be a really good thing.

Here's the situation, their back yard butts up against our front yard. They face a street that my street T's into. If I were standing at my front door looking at the street, their house is to my right. He wants to build a fence which would hinder some of my view to the right. At least he doesn't want to build an 8 ft wood fence. It's simply a 4 ft iron fence.

He does want to build it 12 ft closer to the street than allowed. He went to the city council and asked for a permit to be able to do that. He did ask me about my feelings about this and if I had any objections. I said it was his property and he could do what he wanted. I didn't want to be a jerk.

Should I have told the city council I didn't want this fence built? At least the 12 feet closer to the street part? I didn't know how to do that without being a bad neighbor.

I don't mind him building a fence I just wish he would have done it within the guidelines put down by the city.

I don't know. I am far too concerned with what people think. I want people to like me so I don't rock the boat....believe it or not. It's true.

I write this as I hear him taking down his chain link fence.

No comments: