Saturday, April 2, 2011

I am officially...

no longer considered diabetic.

Went to my Dr and he took me off all diabetes meds. I still take 1 for the arrhythmia and 1 for blood pressure. I was taking 6 so I'm pretty happy. I am not taking the blood pressure medicine for blood pressure strangely enough. My BP was 116/60. The years of diabetes took a toll on the kidneys so the BP medicine is working to help the kidneys.

I jogged/walked 1.75 miles yesterday in 32 minutes. Slowly but surely, I am winning this battle.

I had a piece of pizza last night for the first time in about 3 months. As expected, it was awesome! I did not get through half of it before I started to feel full. That's the trick. Stop eating when you start to fell full. Before, I took that as a sign to eat faster because I didn't have much time. Now, I take it for what it actually means. Your body doesn't need any more. For a skinny person, those aren't decisions they consciously think about. For a large person, it is a matter of life or death.

I was doing something outside in the dirt and I went to wipe something off my hand and when I did my wedding ring went flying into the jasmine. Needle in a haystack my keester, ever try to find a wedding ring in the jasmine. Not an easy task. Nonetheless, I found it. All that to say, it may be time for some tape around the ole wedding ring less I lose it.

It may be time to start kicking Steve's butt in racquetball again...I've decided...yes, it's time.

No comments: