Saturday, May 30, 2009

I finally did it...

What is it you ask? Well, yesterday I was giving the tee a trim when I raised the clippers and with one small swipe joined the legions of those across this nation to became a member of this not so exclusive club.

I now have to shave my ears. My ears!?!

I joined the back shaving club decades ago. I chalked that up to virile manhood. Ear shaving is just...old. All that's left is to start wearing my pants around my neck, having dinner at 4:00 and begin referring to Kelly as "Mommy".

Ian has invented a few more "Ianisms" as I like to call them. It has been a while since I blogged about his vocabulary prowess. So here goes. At Easter lunch after church and hearing people say "Happy Easter" all morning long, we were all quietly eating our meal when Ian shouted out, "Happy Easter eggs!"

Before getting in the pool it is important for us to protect ourselves from the suns rays by applying "sunscream".

The other day Ian set up a pillow here and a pillow there and began to run around over and under them. He informed us he was running his "Popsicle course." Just like they do on Wipeout. That is correct son. They run through an obstacle course.

A commercial came on for an aquarium. A shark came on the screen and Ian yelled,"Ooh, a shark!". The next image on the screen was a killer whale. Ian said with great exuberance, "A whale!" The last image was a school of Jellyfish complete with gelatinous cores and tentacles. Ian saw this and said, "Look Daddy! Jelly Beans!"

I had a few Barney Fife moments this week with the kiddos. Madison was chosen to be a part of a bilingual program that is an accelerated thing. On top of the ACT or ACE program she was chosen for earlier. Well, the guy who ran the program was a little skeptical before they tested her assuring us that not every child is cut out for these classes. Well Madison scored a 97%! Take that bureaucrat!

At the Stark elementary fair today they had a toilet paper toss. You throw full toilet paper rolls through toilet seats at about 10 feet. The lady handed Ian the roll and we told him to move closer. He said no he wanted to do it from where the big kids were throwing. He hummed the first two rolls right through the toilet seat on the top row. Did I mention he was holding a sucker in his left hand. The next time he was holding the sucker in his right hand when the roll went through the toilet seat.

There was another game there where you throw an egg at circles with point values. The larger the point value the smaller the circle, It went from 1 to 25 by 5. Ian got 3 eggs, again with the sucker in his left hand. He proceeded to hit the 15, 25 and the 1 circle on 3 throws. One of the kids working the booth was quite impressed.

Reagan is so darn cute I just Barney Fife around her all the time.

No comments: