Friday, May 8, 2009

It's been a while...

since I've had the time to post. I have been extremely busy. As has Kelly, keeping the home fires burning.

Big goings on here. For those of you who don't know, I have been doing a lot of work in Chicago. It has been going very well. The CIO and I have similar business philosophies, political leanings and scariest of all senses of humor. He wants to talk about making it permanent. And yes that would involve moving.

This is an opportunity the likes of which I have never seen and may not see again. I could theoretically be the CIO of this company in 2 to 3 years.

It would mean a better life for us. Not that our life isn't good now. As a matter of fact, I am constantly doing the Mutley dive and the Barney Fife. We are truly blessed.

Is it possible to be more blessed?

Which cliche do we follow? "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" or "Once in a lifetime"?

As we speak, I am accruing more clients here in DFW. The only problem, it is not permanent. If they decide 6 months from now to go another way or just stop developing in my software, I am SOL. Chicago is full-time. Insurance. Steady pay-checks. Room for advancement.

White Christmasses.

We have some decisions to make. I just hope they are the right ones.

But the way I figure it; if Kelly, Madison, Ian and Reagan are with me, it will be the right decision.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Kar said...

And White Christmasses....Linus couldn't have said it better. We ADORE Chicago! Our cousin and wife and new Chinese daughter live in Oak Park. Doesn't have to be forever....wonderful opportunity. Prayers to all of you as it plays out.....INSURANCE huge, HUGE.