Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm getting there...

I new I was almost back to normal when I started yelling at other drivers again.

Felt good.

We had a fraternity reunion a few weeks ago. I was wracked with pneumonia but went anyway. I had a good time. It was great to see some faces I hadn't seen in years. There are some very good men who are fellow Texas Kappa alums and I am quite proud to call them my brothers. None more so than my two blood and fraternity brothers, Mike and Steve. I don't say it often enough gents but I love you guys and I was very proud to have the three of us there representing the Pfaffenberger name. It meant quite a bit to me.

The worst part of the evening was actually getting to the ballroom. It was on a hill in the back of the hotel property. You had to walk outside, around the pool, up some stairs and finally up to the top of a hill on what seemdd like a 45 degree walkway.

I don't know if I've ever felt so bad in my whole life. By the time we were halfway up the hill, I could hardly breathe. I was gasping for air and could not catch my breath. It was scary I tells ya. I either had to stop and go sit or start walking faster to make it to the air conditioning.

I chose the latter which might not have been the best decision but I made it. I walked right by everyone saying hi to me and found an empty table inside. I later made my way around and apologized to everyone I had snubbed. Luckily, word had gotten out that I was sick and everyone understood.

I enjoyed my college time, probably a little too much, and most of it was because of the guys in that room.

Vive Sigma Phi Epsilon!

I would like to take the time to say I have the greatest wife in the history of mankind. She took care of the kids and I with complete and utter care and love. I can't begin to express how lucky I am to have a wife who is so adept at being selfless it makes you feel as if you've done something right to deserve her.

She always goes above and beyond. For the first UCLA game she bought football plates and napkins, laid out my UCLA helmet, a UCLA football, my UCLA chip and dip plate, my UCLA pom-pom and had a football crock pot to keep the cheese dip warm. Oh yea, she had a blue table cloth as well. She also made signs for Madison's lemonade stand. Had two kinds of lemonade and rice kripy squares for the patrons. Above and beyond indeed.

I don't get sick that often but when I do I am a wimp. So, she basically took care of four children for a month. It's almost over honey. I am feeling like my old self again.

UCLA football is upon us!!

First game was last week. We lost to Kansas State. I was pretty bummed. Still am. We have better talent and should have won. It comes down to coaching. Stanford this week. We probably won't win this game either but if we show improvement I'll be happier.

I plan on posting some political stuff again. Just had to get my strength back. the Man-Child hasn't disappointed.

No comments: