Sunday, October 3, 2010

I think I've blogged about this before...

but it bears repeating.

Because of my illness, for those of you that don't know I had pneumonia, I was out of sorts for a long while. Almost two months.

Well, I finally made it back to church the past couple of weeks and I gotta tell ya, it feels good.

When I was in college I went a long time without attending a mass...a long time. Never missed it that much. Probably because I was in college and thought I knew better. Luckily I wised up.

It brings me peace and serenity to hear the word of God. To know that He will always be there no matter what I do or where I go is a pretty humbling concept.

I am human and I do things I shouldn't do...often...and repeatedly. Yet despite those frailties, He is there. Sometimes waiting. Sometimes embracing.

But always there.

Kelly gets on to me about how much I tell the kids about politics. For instance, they all know we don't like liberals. Why? Because they think they know better how to spend our money than we do.

But contrary to popular belief I know when to draw the line.

Last night we went to On the Border and they are partnering with the Susan G Komen foundation on the big walk for the cure. You can buy shirts and bracelets and knick knacks all to help the cause. We politely declined.

Madison asked why she couldn't have a shirt and why we wouldn't give money to that organization. I didn't tell her it was because Susan G Komen gives to Planned Pernthood the leading abortion provider in the US. No. I told her because we just didn't have enough money.

She doesn't need to be thinking about those things at her age. Too much.

But you're never too young to be weary of liberals.

No comments: