Thursday, August 18, 2011

Madison was baptized on Sunday...

what a great day.

Amidst the constant hitting and kicking and yelling among the siblings, it makes us feel like we are at least doing something right. She knows Jesus and loves Him and wants to live her life by His word.

It's all good. But not too good. (Right Sam?)

Aside: I know why Jesus was an only child. I just can't see him calling his sister a poopy head. Or kicking her in the nose because she touched his army men.

I wrote a song for the occasion. The chorus came to me about two months ago. In church, I just started to hear these words in my head:

On water He walks
From water to wine
Of water and the Spirit
He saves this sinner's life

Not long after I wrote down these words Madison came to us and asked about Baptism. I finished the song soon thereafter. Jim Henderson and I sat down and knocked out the chords in about 45 minutes. I then went home and created the melody.

I put in some words from a David Wilcox song called "Break in the Cup". I planned on looking at Mike and Steve when I came to that part and smile. I thought I might laugh but I did it anyway.

Much to my surprise, I started to choke up. Not good when you are singing. I had to look away post haste. Which I did and made it through the song. Whew!

The coolest thing happened after the song.

Aside: The whole family was there sans the Phoenix Pfaffenbergers. The church was 1/4 full with just us. Pretty cool.

From my view in the choir, I could see Steve with Tod and Craig sitting right behind him and Mike sitting right behind them. I sat down and looked up at them and as if on cue, they all nodded their heads in perfect unison as if to say, "Well done, sir."

Unscripted, raw emotion. Family.

Everyone came back to the house. The newly painted house because...that's another blog. Simple fare; sandwiches, chips, potato salad, asian coleslaw, fruit, olive tray, cookies and cheesecake. Some swam, some played, all visited.

The words to Madison's song

On water He walked
To reveal Himself to them
The calming sea proved
He is the Son of man

From water to wine
His life forever changed
He set His fate in stone
His promise began that day

Chorus
On water He walks
From water to wine
Of water and the Spirit
He saves this sinner's life

Bridge
There's a break in the cup that holds love
Inside us all
For there's a break in the cup that holds love
We must go to the waterfall

Over time
Water wears the stone
Through the perfect grace of Christ
Water brings us home

No comments: