Saturday, March 28, 2009

I am blessed...

I have had a pretty good lot in life. Great childhood. Loving parents and siblings. Lots of friends. A beautiful wife and children. A wonderful home.

Life comes down to a series of big decisions. Up to this point, I have been pretty lucky in my decision making ability. The biggest was of course getting off my rear end and telling Kelly how I felt. All the other big decisions have just been gravy compared to that.

Pretty good gravy though.

Which leads me to this week. I was offered a job at Gamestop. Yea that one. It is 20 minutes from my house; I would be making a very good living while supporting their European stores. Not bad. Not bad at all.

I turned it down.

Upon revealing my new found job offer, the company for which I am consulting in Chicago made me an offer as well. The money is comparable. I would be supporting their entire $400 million dollar a year operation. It's only a 2 hour plane ride and a 1 hour car ride away.

I'm going to remain status quo for now but the opportunity there is off the chart. If I play my cards right, I could be the CIO of a $1 billion dollar a year company. Yes we would have to move to Chicago eventually but the corporate plane ride would be fast and easy to get back.

I thank God for the talents he gave me to make it possible to be in a position to make this kind of decision.

I am truly blessed.

No comments: