Monday, November 9, 2009

Random thoughts...

I think I realized on Sunday one thing I am afraid of becoming...oblivious.

After listening to the umpteenth blue hair unravel her mint wrapped in celophane during the sermon, you could probably see the steam coming out of my ears, I had the epiphany.

I don't want to become oblivious.

I don't want to stop reading street signs and go straight from a left turn only lane. I don't want to forget the impact my actions have on others. I am hyper-vigilant about that now: to a fault I know. So perhaps as I age and the faculties diminish, I will just be brought to the level of vigilant. My guess is at that point I won't care too much what others think.

We had a great Halloween. Madison was a mermaid. Kelly and Madison made her costume together. Ian was a UCLA football player and Reagan was a UCLA cheerleader.

We went to Halloween in the park down the street at the Historical park. I know I've said this before about our little town but we put on a good shindig. There were games and pony rides and food. Good time.

Before all the festivities Kelly made a special snack for everyone. Spooky Sandies, PB & J cut out to look like a ghost or a pumpkin. Witches fingers in some type of witch brew, 5 carrots sticking out of spinach dip. Apple fangs, apples cut to look like a mouth with almond slices for fangs. Blood Punch, red Kool Aid. And eyeballs for dessert, donut holes dipped in white chocolate with a Hersheys morsel for a pupil and red food coloring for the bloodshot.

I mean how cool is that.

Kelly does stuff like that all the time.

Major effort.

Great effect.

Lifetime memories.

No comments: