Saturday, November 27, 2010

Official put up Christmas day...

we postponed a day because we had Kellys family over for Thanksgiving yesterday. I made my first turkey and dressing. Both came out very well if I do say so myself. I also made a sour cream orange pumpkin pie. Also quite delish.

Today we got the boxes down out of the attic and had at it. We set the train up for Ian. The Polar Express is up and running. Put up the Christmas lights. Started to put out the 15 boxes full of Christmas knick-knacks.

Put up the tree. All the kids helped with ornaments. The majority of the ornaments are on the bottom quarter of the tree and on one side. Oh well. It still is cool they are all old enough to do it...and want to.

Watched many movies; Santa Clause, The Polar Express, Frosty the Snowman, Elf, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Barbie Nutcracker, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, White Christmas and the Granddaddy of them all It's a Wonderful Life. Madison actually sat and watched most of it. I'm so proud.

Went and bought what I dub the allergic mans Christmas tree, a Rosemary bush. 3 of them to be exact. They smell so darn good. Like having a tree without the runny nose. I'm not allergic but my wife is.

Have they made any TV Christmas shows in the past 20 years that are a must see? The Transformers Christmas? A very blue Smurf Holiday? I can't think-of-a-one. What a pity. I wonder if my kids will be showing Charlie Brown and Rudolph and Frosty to their kids while using phrases like, "They don't make 'em like this anymore?"

No comments: