Monday, March 28, 2011

Week 6 of post surgery...

and all is very well.

I seem to be pulling the belt tighter every day. I am down to my last notch. I may have to pull out the scissors to make more because I'm not ready to buy new clothes just yet. I like pulling on the britches and having tons of room. This weekend I was out cleaning the pool. I was skimming the leaves and my shorts dropped around my ankles. Good thing we have a high fence...and I was wearing clean skivies. I thought that was pretty cool.

Tomorrow I have a Drs appointment. I will get weighed. Haven't been weighed in over a month. I hope it's where I want to be. If not, I need to focus on the shorts around my ankles. I like not knowing what I weigh. I like focusing on pant size and peoples feedback. I'm starting to get a lot of

"Have you lost weight?"
You damn skippy!
"How'd you do it?"
I had 80% of my stomach removed!

That always gets an "Oh!"

Ian had his first game on Saturday. I swelled up when he hit his first ball and ran to 1st. What a great moment. I think I will be watching my grandkids play and flash back to that moment as if it was yesterday.

Madison continues to amaze me. She is so smart. We play a game called The Person Game. Someone gives a clue of a person or character and the others try to guess who it is. I remember playing with her when she was younger and she would give clues for Cinderella and Belle. Now she gives clues for Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. Two of the clues, I did not know. I asked her where she learned that and she said she read it in a book.

She reads 300 page books in an afternoon. Chapter books. Not kid books.

Reagan...what can I say about Reagan? Independent. Headstrong. Fiesty. Pretty much just like her mother. Her vocabulary is expanding every day. She loves to mimic her older brother. She loves to draw. She has the best pitch of all 3 kids. She really can carry a tune. She stays on key, has rhythm, the whole nine yards.

Yep just like mommy.

I thank God everyday for my good fortune. A beautiful, talented and caring wife. My children who are the reason I was put on this earth. My health.

I am blessed.

No comments: