Saturday, May 15, 2010

Driving home from...

seeing Robin Hood listening to Katrina and the Waves and I thought to myself..."Why in the heck are you listening to Katrina and the Waves?" So I changed the channel and one of my favorite songs was just finishing.

I hate it when that happens.

Robin Hood was good. Not great unfortunately. I love Russell Crowe. I think he's dreamy. But I wasn't impressed. The movie seemed to be more about what a bad ass Maid Marion was. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I signed on for scalp splitting, arrow flying mayhem. Got some. Not enough.

The story was more about how Robin got his start. He actually fought with King John against the French.

The Catholic church was a villain here. And heck, it was only 300 years before the reformation. I guess they had to start somewhere.

Watched Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson last night. That was OK too.

Plot line revolves around a cop, defense contractor and a Senator. The movie takes place in Massachusetts so naturally the senator was a Republican. Because in the past 40 years Mass has had no Republican senators. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nil. Zilch.

That kind of stuff is why I find it very hard to give my money to those bozos.

For those of you that don't know, I have 3 kids. Which means cartoons are on a lot. One thing I have noticed is the use of pigs as cartoon characters. More it seems recently. Olivia. Toot and Puddle.

What's up with that?

Have these people not seen Amityville Horror or read Animal Farm? Pigs are either the devils minion or communist. Personally, I don't know which is more frightening. I do know the only thing pigs are good for is bacon. And the occasional honey glazed ham. Maybe a pork chop now and then.

But cartoon characters? Never.

No comments: