Monday, May 3, 2010

What a week I'm having...

I actually mean that in a good way. For those of you that don't know that line comes from "Splash". Euegene Levy's character says it a few times to indicate he is having a bad week.

Great movie, "Splash". John Candy is a comic genius. His timing is impeccable. Case in point: (watch to the :50 mark then fast forward to the 3:15 mark)

But the greatest thing about that movie is that it was the inspiraion for my oldest daughter's name; Madison.

Had a great weekend. Fantastic weather. Fantastic friends. Played in the Sig Ep softball tournament. Tri-State it's called. I have been involved in 24 of these now either as an ump or player dating back to 1986. I have not missed one time in all those years. We went 3-2 and played much later into the day than we ever have. Fun times...until the DJ showed up. About 2:00 they plugged in these huge speakers and started blaring their "music". Kyle Jurca put it best when he said "There is no way our music sounded this bad to our parents." It wasn't just the sound and the incessant beat. It was the cussing in the songs. I lost track of how many "f" bombs were dropped and how many "s" words the guy used and how all of the girls he knew were "b"'s. Unbelievable. I am by no means a prude or a geezer...yet...but man that was offensive not to mention annoying.

Eventually the cops showed up and started busting the underagers with MIPs. I guaranty you if they hadn't turned on that music, the cops would not have showed. We were back in the far reaches of the park. The only people there were the ones that wanted to be there. Beer was flowing as it tends to do at college get togethers. Nobody causing problems. The blaring music started and the houses that line the fields were now involved. No issues with drinking kids. However when you can't watch TV or play in the yard because of loud music filled with curse words my guess is the police were called.

We are having our backyard landscaped. It looks so much better I can't believe it. We are getting ready for the summer season and with a new backyard if we don't answer the phone, we are out swimming. Come on over.

I am debating whether to make my weight loss goals an ongoing topic on this blog. I have what some people might call a weight problem. I swallow a lot of aggression. Along with a lot of pizzas. (John Candy from Stripes) I think if I made my trials and tribulations a matter of public record I may be more inclined to do the right thing. Maybe then I'll have more triumphs. I haven't decided yet. Probably.

Stay tuned.

No comments: