Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Heaven...I'm in Heaven...

This is what I spend the year wating for. It's 35 degrees outside. The wind chill makes it fell like the 20's. As I come through the door, I am greeted by my children yelling "Daddy!" with some sort of Christmas outfit on. The Christmas tree lights are in full force lighting up the room. Not to be outdone, the roaring fire easily makes the remaing dark succumb to the light of the flames.

I slip into my warm wool socks, flannel lounge around pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. I will take my place by the fire for a viewing of "It's a Wonderful Life." I have seen it 3 times this year but the kids have been spared. Tonight, they get baptized.

It's just different this time of year. No matter what is going on in the real world, this is my oasis. Filled with joy, song, laughter and love.

Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

Kar said...

man.....do you except DROP-INS????? the house looks beautiful and it is so refreshing to lose myself in the "wonderment" (I made that up) of your spirit!! Keep posting....Jay's addicted too. Hugs to the women...and the man!!