Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's amazing the memory's...

music provides.

Picture a family of 7. The oldest boy about 13 and the youngest about 3. Traveling the country side in their Harvest motor home. On a stop over in a KOA outside of a scenic town in Northern California, the children are seen playing around their campsite. The 3 oldest boys can be heard singing a popular ditty of the day,

" Well she was blinded by the light.
Wrapped up like a deuce another runner in the night.
Blinded by the light.
Wrapped up like a deuce another runner in the night."

Only the kids pronounced deuce just the like the guy did in the song. They said "doosh". On that, their mother comes rushing out of the motor home and demands they stop singing that song.

I had no earthly idea why mom made us stop singing that song until one day when I heard one of my friends call another of my friends a doosh. I soon found out what it meant and why mom made us stop singing.

I heard that song while walking through Clover today and I had that memory.

Strange. I know.

I am also getting nostalgic for high school. Nostalgic may be the wrong word because I don't want to go back to high school. It's just that the car I have has XM radio and I listen to the 80's station and with the invent of facebook and everyone from high school coming out of the woodwork, it's on my mind.

I had a good time in high school. It's where I met Kelly.

No comments: