Sunday, February 8, 2009

What a week I'm having...

OK. Yesterday I'm out running a few errands and I pull into the Walgreens drive thru to pick up a prescription. They have 2 lanes. One lane had two cars in it the other had one. So, I go into the one car lane. It is 4:20. After about 5 minutes another car pulls up in the other lane. It has 3 cars now. The first car in that lane goes. An old lady pulls up behind me. Think Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the lady is driving while looking through the steering wheel and the dash board. She almost taps my bumper she is so close. So now it's 3 and 3. By law, the car in front of me should go. Nope. The car in the other lane goes. If you're keeping score, which I was, that's 2 to 0 for my lane. By now, that other lane has 4 cars in it. If not for my mistake that the guy in my lane was actually human, I would now be at the front of the other lane.

Oh well that's life...car #3 in the other lane goes...Car #4 in the other lane goes...CAR #5 in the Other Lane Goes...CAR # FREAKIN 6 IN THE OTHER LANE GOES...old lady who has been blocking me from making my escape pulls into the other lane...FUDGIN OLD BITTY...only I didn't say fudge...I now pull into the middle of the lanes to get the next lane that opens. I gesture to the lady working in Walgreens to have this guy move to go inside. Nothing happens. At 4:55 I screech out of line and go inside. Cursing the whole time. As I turn the corner to the pharmacy, there stands Sam our pastor. I said God put you here you know. As I am saying those words I see a car pull into the lane into which I was waiting. The van I was behind for 35 minutes is no longer there. I told Sam the story and he told me they just called him and told him to move. So if I would have stayed in line I would have gotten out faster. As it was, I stood in line inside for 8 minutes with steam coming out of my ears. I finally got what I came for and left. So, I skipped church today to show God what's what.

1 comment:

Mike and Kim said...

You're sizzlin', Satan, I mean buddy!

:)

Don't you just want to SLAM into them and move the car yourself?? Read my STRESS card...perhaps it will help you!