Saturday, June 12, 2010

Jut got back from two days...

at a Bed & Breakfast in Glen Rose. Had a great time. Very relaxing. It was 95 degrees out but sitting in an Adirondack chair under the shadows of enormous oak and spruce trees with a breeze blowing off the river made it seem quite comfortable. Enough so that I wasn't even sweating. And for those of you that don't know, we Pfaffenbergers sweat...a lot.

There were an inordinate amount of spiders there. Which leads to the next observation. Spiders are consistent, persistent what have you. No matter how many times the webs were knocked down they came right back and started spinning again. They are the Bill Clintons of the arachnid world.

I came to realize something on this trip. I think I enjoy the anticipation of the trip more than the actual getting away. I love to plan trips. Kelly and I went on a 2 week trip to New England years ago that I would have to say was my masterpiece. It was awesome. I planned our honeymoon to the San Juan Islands in the Pacific Northwest. Again, awesome. Don't worry I won't break my arm patting myself on the back. I love the feeling of excitement when during the work week I am reminded of the upcoming vacation. It is quite a mental relief amidst the hustle and bustle.

Don't get me wrong I love the actual vacation too but there is always something you have to do. Pack the car, drive the car, unpack the car. You don't think about these things when you are slaving away at the computer and the thought of the vacation dances into your brain. You have visions of chaise lounges on beach fronts. Little tiny umbrellas in foofoo drinks full of booze. Soft tropical breezes. Cool clear water. Tanned tone bodies.

Well, chaise lounges are a luxury for the chosen DINKS, Dual Income No Kids, popoulating the beach. The only umbrella I am worried about is sticking out of the ground waiting for the winner of the race between me and Harry McButtcrack from Hoboken. Foofoo drink = juice box. The breeze is soft so it doesn't come close to dampening the 95 degree heat. The cool clear water is tepid and you can't see your feet when standing up to your ankles. I'm tanned and Kelly is toned so together we would make a pretty good person.

We did.

Three of them.

No comments: