Monday, July 26, 2010

A week of firsts...

at the Pfaffenberger household.

Kids use chop-a-stick for first time. Madison had actually used them once before so she was an old pro. Ian did very well. He scooped up the noodles with his sticks and actually was full by the end of the meal.Reagan used them mostly as drumsticks but they were used nonetheless.

We also went and saw our friends new baby, Sarah Beth. She is 6 weeks old.

I remember those days. Not being 6 weeks old but having a 6 week old baby of course. Never knowing exactly what to do. Just giving it your best guess with the oodles of literature you had read on rearing children. And still feeling as if you aren't doing it right.

Also, this week our oldest daughter Madison went off to girl scout camp where she is sleeping over for two whole nights. Her first sleep over camp. She has slept over at a friends house but that was a block away and could come home if need be. We, Kelly and I, dropped her off on Sunday afternoon up near Paris about 1 1/2 hours away. It was a picturesque camp complete with pine trees, cabins, mess hall, firepits and a lake for canoeing and swimming.

She was a rock. Wish her old man could say the same. I had to pull her back to give me a hug and a kiss. She was ready to run right off and go do the crafts.

I have thought about her a lot since yesterday. And will a lot until tomorrow I'm sure. It's strange not to know where she is or what she is doing. Knowing that if she really needed you it would take some time to get there. That is not what I am dwelling on but it has crossed my mind once or twice.

She could meet a girl she is friends with for the rest of her life at this camp. She will learn new things. Hear different points of view. She is a wonderful person and I know it will be the experience of a life time for her.

I still won't rest easy until she is home safe and sound.

No comments: