Monday, April 12, 2010

Good weekend...

Friday night, worked. Saturday night, worked.

You may be asking yourself, "Seems like you worked a lot. How could that be a good weekend?"

It's called a sense of accomplishment. Also, I made a lot of money. Not that money is everything. But it helps.

In between working, I went to my nephews first communion. It was very nice to be in the Catholic church with the kiddos. I was kind of dreading taking care of all 3 of them during the mass but they were angels. Not a peep among them. Well done guys! You made daddy look like a good parent. Not an easy task.

I received communion with Reagan in my arms. That was a special moment. I wish they all could have come with me.

Had lunch with the fam at Cracker Barrel. Not a place we frequent but always good when we do. Homestyle cookin'. You see, when you type a phrase like "homestyle cooking" typing out the "g" just doesn't go with the phrase. Just doesn't look right. It's like typing ya'll. Right Mike? Y'all. That's more like it. It's a contraction for you and all not ya and all.

Spent some time watching the Masters. I would give my left...eye to play there. But then everything would slice right so what's the point. Beautiful course.

I certainly look at Tiger differently. Didn't pull for him quite as strongly if at all. I still enjoy seeing him play but it's going to be a while before I can cheer like I used to

Imagine how his wife feels.

I like the asain players. Although most of them are from here, Choi, Kim, Yang. I like their demeanor, their swing. Maybe becuase they seem to be the anti-Tiger at this point. They are stoic. They just play. And play well I might add.

Had some good meals this weekend. Friday BBQ, Saturday pizza. Sunday Cracker Barrel. (Next line to be said in your best gay voice) "So much for my nutri-systems this week. Citrus." I threw the citrus in there because that is the best gay word of all. I can't go too long without saying that word in all its fruity gayness. Pun intended.

More work on Sunday after church. Got it all done though. Thank the Good Lord.

Heading to Chicago this week for a few days. It will be nice to be back. Knowing full well I don't have to stay. And knowing Giordanos is only a few days away. MMMMMMMMM...pizza. I am going to go to Yorkville and look around again. Yorkville? That is the town we would have moved to had I taken the job in Chicago.

Politics, politics, politics, politics, politics...Hillary as the next Supreme Court justice? Could happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Citrus??? You had to go there, didn't you.

Signed "the Willy Wonka of Tobacco"