Thursday, May 15, 2008

A little under the weather...

I'm not 100% today. I have a fever and am congested. Kelly was sick for about two weeks. Don't know if I caught it from her or not but regardless I am weary. Here's a question, do we have fever because of the illness or to combat it? In other words, is the fever induced by what ails us to make us feel even worse or is it our bodies own defenses that raise the thermostat so a foreign body that thought it would be thriving at 98.6 degrees suddenly finds itself in a scathing sauna of 101 thus rendering it useless and ready for a Margarita? Either way it's OK you wake up with yourself.

I have really been hankering for the Beatles lately. Not arguably the greatest band ever sans Jellyfish. On second thought, Jellyfish had some major Beatles influences along with SuperTramp, Queen and Cheap Trick so the Beatles are still tops. I have been trying to come up with a top 10 list of Beatles songs. Impossible. Although a few that seem to make all the lists are She's Leaving Home, Eleanor Rigby and We Can Work it Out. As it so happens, Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt Peppers are all favorites of mine. Oh who am I kidding, they're all favorites of mine.

I think this fever is getting to me. With that I'll leave you with this.

2 comments:

paulpfaff said...

couldn't get it down to 10, but here are some Beatles faves:

A Day in the Life
Blackbird
Day Tripper
Here Comes the Sun
Hey Jude
I Will
In My Life
I’ve Just Seen a Face
Norwegian Wood
She’s Leaving Home
Something
Taxman
Twist and Shout
The Long and Winding Road
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Yesterday

Unknown said...

Well, first off, illness’s are probably both. The flu is the body’s way of getting rid of junk and some people are complete dipwads and pass on a virus they know they have to you saying, “Oh, sorry I sneezed on you. But don’t worry, I don’t have virus...” (Jim Gaffigan face) IT IS NEVER OKAY TO SNEEZE ON PEOPLE EVER! Boobs...

Anyway, back to reality. Beatles favorites of mine are,
Yesterday
Eleanor Rigby
She’s leaving home
Let it be
Hey Jude
Here comes the sun
Twist and shout
Love me do
We can work it out
A day in the life

Man, do I love me some Jellyfish!
Russian Hill and The King is Half-Undressed are my favorites and the only two I’ve listened to! Still, they are my dark chocolate!



Good posts!