Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Our first day of school...

is rapidly approaching. Madison and Mommy went to the elementary school at the end of the street and registered Madison for kindergarten. She is very excited. She went to the school library while Kelly was doing the paperwork and read a few books. She was impressed with the stacks and can't wait to get there to read them all.

With her excitement comes our trepidation.

She is growing up.

As much as I've tried, there is nothing that will stop it. She soon will be making friends and have a whole other world outside of this house that we won't be a major part of. Sure we'll know what's going on and how she's doing but for the majority of the day she will be on her own, building her mind, building relationships, building confidence all on her own.

I know she's only 5 but here is where the rubber hits the road. She begins to make decisions on her own. I guess we'll see if what we have been teaching her is sticking. I have faith in her. I know she'll be alright.

I just wonder if I will be.

No comments: