Monday, May 26, 2008

Nothing Special...

Why is it that 5:00 comes a heck of a lot faster on a holiday than it does on a regular work day? It must be some glitch in the time-space continuum. We gotta get that fixed.

"Time space continuum" is a phrase that has been following me lately. That and the word "meme". By following me, I mean a phrase or word that I am hearing and/or reading a lot of lately. I don't remember having heard or seen it that much before, if at all, but all of a sudden in the past few months it is everywhere. Meme this and meme that. And the space time contiuum must be tired because it is everywhere.

I don't know where that came from. Oh well...

Often when I contemplate what to right, or do I mean write, on this blog I try to think of something my kids did that is special. I have come to realize that whatever they do is special. Whether it is Madison telling me she loves me or Ian saying "Teg you, daddy" when I bring him his dinner or Reagan pulling my beard when I feed her; these are the days to remember. They grow up so fast. Having them totally dependent on you is not only a good thing, it is a special thing as well. Now is the time to form the bonds of love and trust and forgiving that they will depend on throughout their lives. Something I know Kelly and I will provide in spades hoping that they understand why we do it as they grow older and begin to take control of their own lives.

That is my meme.

No comments: