Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday...

To Me!!!!!

I am 41 years old today. Born in 1967 at 12:34 PM. A wish minute baby. I was lucky from the start. Wish minute baby? A wish minute is 1:11 or 2:22 or 3:33 etc. and 12:34. During this minute you wish. It actually works too. I don't know how many wish minutes I spent wishing Kelly would marry me.

On this date in 312 AD Constantine defeated Maxentius to become the defacto ruler of the Western Roman Empire. This was the battle where Constantine was greatly outnumbered but in a dream saw God. He had the soldiers paint crosses on their shields. He won in a landslide.

In 1636, Harvard was founded.
1858 - Macy's opens in NY.
1886 - Statue of Liberty dedicated.
1919 - Prohibition begins.

People born on this day:

Joaquin Phoenix, Terrell Davis, I'm ashamed to put this one down being the liberal puke that she is Julia Roberts, Lauren Holly, Jami Gertz, Bill Gates, Lauren Tewes the cruise director on the Love Boat, for a long time the only claim to fame I had was her and Bruce Jenner. That, my friends, is slim pickins. Sipowicz himself Dennis Franz, Randy Newman of Short People Fame, Charlie Daniels and Jonas Salk.

All good Scorpios.

Today is National Chocolate Day. Could there be a more apropos day for me? Strangely enough it is also Plush Animal Lover's Day. I had quite a collecion of plush animals when I was younger. In fact, one of the best Christmas' I ever had was when I received a 4' Yogi the Bear. It was outside the bathroom when I came out. I had opened all my presents so I didn't think I was getting it. But there it was.

I hope to leave work early today and bask in the chilly weather. Don't you just love it? Had our first fire last night. Cold night. Fire. Fall in the air. It don't get any better than this.

Thanks everyone for being there for me. I love each and every one of you. I truly do.

No comments: