Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Musings and such...

This one is a hodge podge.

This morning Ian came into the bedroom about 3:00 am. Kelly went to go sleep on the couch. He crawled up on my chest and fell asleep in my arms. That was a very real moment for me. Just me and my son. He was safe secure and warm. And apparently tired. I held him for about a half an hour before putting him on Kelly's side of the bed. It was marvelous.

Last night in the debate Obama said he had cuts to pay for his $800 billion dollar spending proposals. If I was McCain, I would have said when given my opportunity to speak:

"I would like to give the balance of my time to Senator Obama. I would like him to list the cuts he plans on making to cover the $800 billion dollars he plans on spending. Please be specific. Senator Obama?"

What is it with people? Saturday night I am in a Quik Trip and the line is relatively long to checkout. A lady is waiting in line behind another person who seems to have made a tent in another line. The lady had drinks and kids and chips and all sorts of stuff. I told her she could go ahead of me but she politely declined and said Thank you for that. I went on my merry way. Today I am in a Quik Trip, what? it's cheap gas, there are about 4 of us in line. I am next to go. A guy walks up with some stuff it looks like he wants to start a new line or something, the clerk eyeballs him and starts to help him. First off, what's up with the freakin clerk? He can't see the line already formed with people patiently waiting. And the customer, "Get in line, pal!" You're no more special than the rest of us. I looked at the customer and he was wearing an Obama shirt. As I walked by I said as I pointed to his shirt:

"Obama, huh?"

"Yep" he said excitedly

"Figures."

And I walked out.

I am almost over Tony Romo. Pull your head out! What are you doing looking for rings when you should be concentrating on football? I swear these games mean more to me than they do to the guys paid millions to play it. If Tony Romo were a Saved By The Bell episode, it would have to be the one where they discovered oil on the school property. The initial reaction was great. Instant euphoria. Then the fighting about the money. Finally the oil spill and the ducks in the pond got covered in oil. All did not end well. TO is the oil.

As for Saved By The Bell, I used to be able to tell if it was a KKIB episode before the opening credits stopped flashing. I had way too much time on my hands.

KKIB? Kelly Kapowski in Bikini.

I think the thing that is most disheartening to me is when you watch the news or read the papers, both of which I don't do often, it seems like there isn't anyone out there who thinks like I do. There isn't anyone in the main stream media (MSM) that asks anyone to defend their pro-abortion stance, or their anti-gun stance. Why isn't Joe Biden getting the scrutiny Palin is getting? Why isn't Obama since he has been around about as long as she has. I know there are conservatives out there but they have absolutely no voice in the MSM. No one comes at a story form our point of view. It kind of beats you down, you know?

Maybe that's their plan.

No comments: