Monday, October 20, 2008

The weekend was good...

Friday night we had dinner with Mom and Dad. It was Dad's birthday and we hadn't seen them in a while so it was a two-fer. Went to Mimi's Cafe and had a good bowl of clam chowdah along with a French dip sandwich...

best bowl of clam chowdah I ever had was at a place in Maine called Nunan's. It was right on the ocean. You could see the boats come in pull in their lobster and bring them to the kitchen. They threw them in the pot and cooked them. Talk about fresh. Kelly and I stayed at a bed and breakfast near Kennebunkport. I told he proprietor that I wanted to go to a place where the locals went. I didn't care if I didn't understand a word they said I just wanted to some good lobster. He sent us to Nunan's. The second I walked in the place I said. "Hello they-ah. We pahked the cah oveh they-ah and we would like a table fah two with plenty of chowdah and fahks. I would like the 3 and a quahtah pound lobstah with lots o buttah." I checked my "R"s at the door and proceeded to have the best lobster I had ever eaten. This was the first and only time Kelly has ever had lobster. She is spoiled...

Mom and Dad had root beer floats for desert but I was too stuffed to have one. I look back now and wonder what kind of goof am I, turning down a root beer float.

Saturday Kelly and Madison went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Ian, Reagan and I stayed home and played cards. Reagan has quite the poker face. I went over to Steve's house to watch UCLA after Kelly got home. They won! Woohoo! On a last second touchdown too. It's nice to win one like that.

Sunday was church and a birthday party for my mother-in-law and me. We both have October birthdays. Mmmmm...chocolate cake. Kelly made a cake for the occasion that was delicious. Pat had my college diploma and Sig Ep initiation framed. Pretty cool. Now everybody can ask me why I work in computers when I have a BS in Biology.

I'm not even going to mention the Cowboys. Bye bye Wade!

No comments: