Thursday, October 30, 2008

You can't make this stuff up...

CHAPEL HILL (AP) - Shawn Turschak of Chapel Hill was tired of someone stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard.

So the man with a degree in electrical engineering hooked up a third sign to a power source for an electric pet fence Monday. Turschak also put up a surveillance camera.

The News & Observer of Raleigh reports that Tuesday, a 9-year-old boy with an Obama-Biden sign grabbed the McCain-Palin sign and got a jolt.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, then showed up at the Turschak's door, upset his son had been shocked. Soon an Orange County sheriff's deputy also showed up at the Turschak's home.

Noble says his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together. Turschak says the boy intended to swap out the signs.

Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges.

If I had told Dad that I just got shocked while I was grabbing someone elses property in their yard I think I would have gotten a spanking. Yes, my Dad would have gone ot the guys house...with me in tow to apologize to the home owner for not respecting his property.

The good old days.

No comments: