Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chicago day 2...

I can see from all the comments on my last post that everyone was waiting with bated breath for my next blog entry.

As if I wasn't depressed enough.

I am here in Ottawa, Illinois working my keester off. And missing my family like crazy. The only saving grace is that it snowed 4 inches last night. Very pretty.

My first impression of Ottawa was not a great one. It's about an hour southwest of Chicago. Flat. Today however we drove to an area I had never seen. The downtown area. It was very cute. Big old churches on every corner. And I mean big and old and every corner. It was very Charlie Brown-esque.

Made me feel better about living here if need be.

In the meantime, I am making some good money which is extra right now so that is nice.

I'll keep you posted on life in the frozen north. That part I like.

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

We miss you! The beginning of this post cracked me up! I was curcious about your first impression...but sometimes those aren't always accurate.

I almost called Kelly, again, to tell her to jump in and post herself while you were away! Guess that wouldn't have worked! I didn't know you were going to update from there. Cool.

Don't worry about moving, 90 days, or next week..well, maybe next week...

Just live TODAY.

Spoken advice from someone who does that ALL THE TIME!! :)

Love and miss you,
K

Mike and Kim said...

curious.....TEACHER, geez