Monday, January 12, 2009

Home again, Home again...

The work/interview week in Chicago was a success. They liked me and I probably won;t have to move. I can just contract for a while.

Works for me.

It was great to see the the family. They had actually grown since I saw them last. The first thing I did Saturday was buy a camera for the computer. I have one on my laptop and they have one on their computer. We can see each other now instead of just the phone. It's going to be great. I hope it will take some of the sting out of not being here too.

I think it will.

Friday when I got home Ian said he wanted to go to the airport with me. I told him in a few days we would be going back to the airport so they could take me. He looked at me and said, "No daddy! No airport! You stay home!"

I almost picked up the phone and told them I would not be coming back. It was very sweet and heart warming and tugging at the same time.

This will be a hard time being away with Kelly having to do it all. Them growing up. But that will all be tempered by the fact that I will be making some serious jack.

There's a silver lining in every cloud.

No comments: