Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Thermometer Works...

when I got in the car and turned it over, to which it responded like a fraternity guy at 8:00 on Sunday morning, the thermometer read -20. Yes. A minus 20.

Brrrr! It's sure cold here!

I just hopped in again to keep the battery charged and it has warmed up to -17. It's the kind of cold that...well...the kind of cold that...puts you at a loss for words. When I walked out there just a second ago, I did not know my nose had been running. I have Kleenex with me and I blow regularly and keep the stache clean of runnage. But on stepping one foot outside, the cold goes straight for any liquid it can find. Ian would be frozen in place. His diaper would freeze up so fast he would look like a Vesuvius victim covered in place. Literally within 5 seconds of walking outside and realizing I had liquid on my stache I went to rub it off but broke off a piece of stache instead. It froze that fast. It is kind of scary. If you are outside in this for any length of time, watch out.

Ottawa continues to bore the crap out of me. I seem to be bordering on cussing but haven't quite made the leap. At least this time I have a hotel directly across the street from the office. Next week, there is not a single non-smoking room in Ottawa to be found. I have to go to Oglesby which is abouy 15 minutes away. Saved me $200 though. I'll make it work.

Stay warm.

1 comment:

Mike and Kim said...

Today an avalanche covered my village!