Monday, January 26, 2009

Did you ever notice...

at night, all cities look the same from the sky? A vast expanse of bright orange lights.

For those of you that don't know, I have been traveling a lot. To Chicago. Well, an hour west of Chicago.

It's not too bad. Except for the car rental people. Not the brightest bulbs on he tree. It always seems to take an hour to get out of there. Plane lands early and you're expecting to make a quick getaway to be at the hotel at a decent hour when your plans are thwarted by Boo Radley behind the counter. Frustrating.

In comments to my last post, I was asked if I was proud to be an American. I am so proud that I will actually wear a lapel flag pin and put my hand over my heart during the pledge of allegiance. I am so proud that I actually joined a pray for Obama group on Facebook.

What I am not proud of is a president who makes closing a facility that holds terrorists and allowing federal funds to be used to kill babies again two of his first acts as president.

Nope. If this is hopeanchange, count me out.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Well said as always.