Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Now don't get me wrong...

the last thing this country needs in the world is for Obama to fail. The economy can't afford it. The security of this nation can't afford it.

I hope he doesn't fail.

But I'm sure you're familiar with the saying those that don't remmeber the past are doomed to repeat it. Well not once in American history, not once, has taxing the electorate been a stimulus for the economy. Did I mention not once? As a matter of fact just the opposite is true. When taxes have been lowered the governement generated more revenue.

The problem with Bush's economy was he spent like a democrat. If he had shown some fiscal restraint, we would have no economic crisis. We came out of the great depression not because of FDR's New Deal but despite it.

I've seen th media compare Obama to FDR. I don't think they know how right they are.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Like I said before, I'm just going to steer clear of anything political with you........ too scared.

So, how is Chicago? Snowing? Still praying for you and your safe travels. See you soon.

Kerri said...

Actually, I've been thinking. Scared is not the right word - it's more like FRUSTRATED. Love you lots, brother-in-law, but speaking to you about anything government-related, or sports-related, or pink Christmas trees...........it's simply a lost cause.