Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why Am I Soft in the Middle...

when the rest of my life is so hard?

My life is not hard I was just quoting a song. I actually woke up with that song in my head this morning hence that song. How is it I get songs stuck in my head after sleep? They usually present themselves during...mmm...my morning constitutional. I'll just start humming or da-daing or do-doing, well you get the picture. "She's got Betty Davis Eyes" Huh? How'd that get there?

Madison is at dance camp this week. She is learning tap, ballet. All the biggies. She said they even learned how to use the ballet bar thingy. The long bar that runs across the length of the room where the ballerinas stretch. She was very excited. Monday I came home and asked her what she did at dance camp that day. She said "We are having pizza on Friday." Priorities.

Ian is doing something very cute. Of course, I am the father so I could be a little biased but I'll let you decide. Over the couch in our family room we have large black and white pictures of the kids. They were taken when they were anywhere from 3 to 6 months old. Ian was standing there looking at them. He pointed to Reagan's picture and said "Reagan!". He then pointed to Madison's picture and said "Ma-sson!". He then pointed to his picture and said "You!".

It took us just a second to figure that one out. Since he could walk we've been showing him pictures of everybody and every time we show him one of himself we say "Who's that, Ian?", "That's you." So now when he sees a picture of himself he says "You." Very clever boy.

Did I mention Reagan is jovial and rolls everywhere? I don't want to make it seem like I am forgetting about her it's just that right now there is not much new going on with here. She is sitting up in her high chair when she eats now. She is a very fast roller on the carpet. She is very strong. She had one of Ian's shoes and he wanted it so he went to grab it from her. The look on his face made it clear this was not going to be as easy as talking candy from a baby, or a shoe as it were. He tugged a few times and she did not let go. Finally, he gave one last hard pull and just before he heaved...she let go. He went flying backwards across the room and landed on his big Mac Lego truck and smashed it into all its Lego pieces. I could have sworn Reagan turned to me and winked. She gets that from her mother. Maybe Ian's not as clever as we think.

Don't worry the Lego truck was easily re-assembled. Ian's bottom was another story.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Ian is talking so well! I was amazed at church the other day... I know you're probably saying: "he's always talked like that", but he really seems to be adding ending consonants to his words!!!

'ballet bar thingy'......Madison's words or yours??

Mike and Kim said...

You forgot to mention Ian's conversations on the TELEPHONE!!! I am so proud that SOMEONE in this pfaffenberger family likes the phone as much as Aunt Kim!

:)