Saturday, September 13, 2008

For those of you who don't know...

I am fervently pro-life. That is where I give all my charity money. That is where most of my prayers go. To the unborn. Following is a commercial aimed at Catholics but if you consider yourself religious I think it can speak for all.

Powerful.

I wrote a song many years ago about this subject. I wrote it around the time of my brother Paul's wife's mis-carriage. My wife and I have been through that 3 times now. I look back on the words of the song and don't need to change anything.

I read some of the criticisms of Sarah Palin and how she just wanted Trig, her Down's syndrome son, to further her career, and am amazed that these journalist elites just don't get it. They do not understand how someone can have or love an imperfect child. At least imperfection in their eyes. I cringe at the thought of these people being the judge and jury over those of us who cherish and protect life.

Concern of a war or the ecology state
Can bring you peace of mind
But someone please explain to me
Where's the danger in an unborn child

I thank God for my brothers and sister
My parents sense of right and wrong
If there was one less thing in my life
I would not be as strong

Did you ever wonder what the child might have been
Maybe President of this place
Or maybe just a God-fearing human beaing
With your eyes and smiling face.

No comments: