Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some ideas are too good...

to go away. My brother Paul had mentioned years ago that he would like to start a commune. I know. I know. The first picture I always get in my head when I hear the word commune is a picture of dirty smelly old hippies wearing tye-died hemp clothing and walking around smoking hasheesh and hugging trees.

As Paul explained it, it would not be your fathers commune.

He had Dr's, lawyers, merchant chiefs all lined up. He had teachers, engineers, carpenters, and farmers ready to go. People of like mind making their way by bartering their services and minding their own beezwax.

The scenes of Waco go racing through my head too. But what would separate us from those loons is that we would not gather because one of us thinks he or she is Jesus Christ or better yet Obama. Nope. We would gather because the ideals that we hold dear are slowly being taken away and it sucks. I presume we would quietly live our lives. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and raise our families how we see fit.

Honestly, this still is a great idea Paul. Let me know if you're still planning it. Somewhere in the mountains I would think. Colorado, Montana maybe.

I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I'm gonna miss ya....... I like the city-life too much. Where in the world would I get my nails done??