Monday, September 8, 2008

Good weekend...

Kelly was gone on Friday night and Saturday. That's not why the weekend was good. It's just that she was gone. The stuff that came later was good. Not that time with my kids isn't good...I'll just get on with it. She went to Marshall TX. Home of the East Texas Baptist University fighting...Baptists...I don't know what they're mascot is. Her dad is the director of choral activities there and she was a clinician at an all-state clinic he has. That left me alone with the kids. I always feel a little nervous in these situations. I don't know why. I have taken care of the kids by myself a million times. Never an issue. It's just me. I had to pick up my suit from the cleaners at 4:00 on Saturday and I planned it like I was going on maneuvers in the Fallujah province:

Rendezvous will be at 3:57. We will rally in the black troop carrier (Dodge mini-van). We will embark at 3:58 which will make arrival at our destination 4:02. Upon visual confirmation of our oriental counterpart, I will leave the carrier to retrieve our booty. If the police arrive, Madison is to drive the carrier to rendezvous Delta while Ian and Chompy push the pedals. After reteieval of the booty, I will re-enter the carrier. We will then head to point Mickey D for chocolate chip cookies and milk. A reward for a job well done. Godspeed.

Madision had dance class on Saturday. She just learned some ballet but had a good time nonetheless. She has the awsomest pair of tap shoes ever. They are just cool. I have always wanted to learn how to tap. We need to learn this routine...

Saturday night we went to a wedding of a fraternity brother of mine. The reception was amazing. Fort Worth club. Open bar. Nuff said. Saw many brothers I had not seen in a while. It is always great to see those guys. Even though some of them you haven't seen for 15 years, you can fall back into the same old routine. The conversations aren't old but the comfort is there.

It's amazing where the time goes. It does only seem like yesterday we were getting ready to go out and party at 10:30 pm. Now 10:30 rolled around and we marvelled at how late it was and we all headed home to pay the sitter. Kelly and I had a good time. Everyone had an adult night out. Something we all need to keep the sanity.

Sunday was truly a day of rest. For me at least. It started with a solo at church. A good spiritual that I gave my best baritone...and I'm a tenor for criminey sakes. It went well, thankfully. Next, sitting in my chair for about...oh...8 hours. Good day.The Cowboys won and looked good doing so. Football is back. Good for me.

Latest Palin rumor: Trig could not be her husbands baby because he was at the north slope at the possible time of conception.

And this lovely post from our beloved liberals. They are horrible horrible people.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Ok, I really enjoyed that blog! I can just SEE Madison behind the wheel of the mini-van........won't be too much longer before that actually happens, right??

ETBU......TIGERS!!! (fyi)