Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's almost here...


Autumn or Fall if you prefer.

This is without question the greatest time of the year. College Football. Pro Football. Jerseys. Sweatshirts. Colder air eventually turning to cold air. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Which inevitably leads to the highlight of any year, Christmas. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I may be getting a little ahead of myself but what the heck...IT'S ALMOST FALL!!!!

I love the changing of this season. I love having fires in the fireplace or a good wood fire outside in the firepit or as the kids like to call it the S'more maker. There is nothing better on a cool autumn night than having a stogie and a drink out by the fire. Heaven. I'm in Heaven.

You see, I love the cold. Maybe because I'm so freakin hot all the time.I don't know. I just love it. One of my dreams is to live in New England from early December to early January and experience a White Christmas. I already have the house picked out...


I imagine that place covered with snow, going out in the woods with an axe and chopping down our own live Christmas tree and after the trip to the hospital putting it up and enjoying its beauty. Eyes again watering. I'm such a woman. But who cares..IT'S ALMOST FALL!!!!

I can't wait to go trick or treating with Reagan for the first time. I can't wait to see what princess Madison will be this year. I can't wait to see what UCLA jersey Ian will wear. I can't wait to see Kelly in the French maid outfit I bought her! Just kidding. We only have one UCLA jersey for Ian.

I love getting together with family at Thanksgiving. This time of year is just special. Putting up the decorations on the Friday after Thanksgiving. It's all good.

Did I mention...IT'S ALMOST FALL!!!!!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

aahhh........beautiful......simply BEAUTIFUL.

Mike and Kim said...

I Need more of these kind of posts! I love it too...hate the cold but look so forward to watching college football on Saturdays...pro on Sunday, Monday and Thursdays, Thanksgiving....and sweatshirts, by far one of my favorite things!

This was fantastic!