Monday, September 29, 2008

Kids are...

the greatest thing in the world...next to shaving.

This weekend was a bitter sweet one for me. I had an Uncle in from Canada whom I hadn't seen in 20 years. So, it was good to visit with him again. He uncannily looks like my older brother Paul. Same face same hair same body type. Truly miraculous as my Uncle would say. Tod and Tori, nephew and neice, were there to discuss their college lives. Fun was had by all.

I was also able to play golf on Saturday morning with my brother and two friends. We had a good time and I even contributed a clutch putt or two.

The bitter part was what was going on at work. You see in a sluggish economy, a pool is not one of the main things people feel the need to purchase. So being in the pool industry, you can see where I am going with this. Luckily all worked out well this morning but the weekend was a bit of a blur.

The only thing that made me feel whole again was the time I spent playing with my kids. Kids don't know budgets and foreclosure and economies. They know webkins and playing Sorry and Hop on Pop. If you didn't know I have what you might call a slight weight problem. I swallow alot of aggression, along with a lot of pizzas. The rotundness of my mid-section makes for one heck of a Hop on Pop session. They know swimming and going to lunch after church. They know night-night time and coming down in the middle of the night because of a bad dream. They know how to love beyond measure.

They are happy I'm me. They are happy Kelly's Kelly. They are happy to be a part of a large loving family. They are happy cartoons are on.

They are happy.

And isn't that what it's all about? No matter what is going on in the world if your kids are happy, that's all that matters.

No comments: