Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chompy is one...

she is no longer zero as Madison would say.

She turned one on Sunday. We will have her party on Friday for family and friends.

Happy Birthday, Missy!

Friday (in the mountains outside of Seattle)...

I woke up at 6:30 Seattle time...watched the night turn into day. The view from our cabin was spectacular. Mountains, valleys, pine trees-you couldn't ask for anything more.

Friday was just a blur of foosball, darts, basketball, playstations, hot tubs, cigars, guitars, singing and booze. We stopped to eat periodically but got back to business PDQ. Literally, that's pretty much what we did all day. At one point 5 of us, dad didn't get in with us, were sitting in the hot tub, smoking cigars, drinking a tottie and enjoying life among the mountains majesty. It was, to say the least, inspiring.

We talked a lot of family and politics and life in general.

I am not a huge fan of crowds. I would just as soon watch the game on TV as go to the stadium and be crowded. To that end, I started to lay the groundwork for my non-participation in the following days activities. I told everyone I wasn't feeling so well. It was quite a struggle internally as to whether I would go or not. I would love to have just sat on that couch and watched the game among the mountains and trees. I probably would have spent the first quarter in the hot tub watching the game. I decided all I needed was a good nights rest and after that I would make my decision.

At 10:00, I turned in while the others played foosball, darts, basketball, etc.

And that was Friday.

No comments: