Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm feeling prolific today...

I was just on Facebook and read my niece Tori and my nephew Tod's reaction to the election.

I am proud as hell. (Yes, mom I cursed. Sorry but it had to be done)

My brother and sister-in-law and my sister and brother-in-law did one heck of a job in raising these kids. I was not there witnessing the process take place but I can bet you in the course of their 18 years they never heard Mom or Dad say this is what we believe and you will too. I'll bet they were told to find out for themselves the issues and the facts and to make up their own minds.

Of course living in a house with conservatives probably has some sway on what you believe: although ask William F Buckley if that's the case. His son voted for Obama.

I have always maintained that it would be much easier to be a liberal. Universal Health Care? You bet! Allow all illegals into the country? You bet! Abortion on demand no questions asked? You bet! No more troops in foreign lands? You bet! Throw money at everything? You bet!

The liberals are the children and we are the grown ups. They do what they want to. We do what we need to. They want to eat the whole bag of candy after halloween. We have to make sure that doesn't happen. They want to watch cartoons all day. Nope. Candy for breakfast. I don't think so.

Watching TV or going to movies or listening to music would be so much easier.

Benjamin Franklin once said "If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins." Liberals are passionate without reason, without thought of repercussion.

He also said "When the people find they can vote themselves money,
that will herald the end of the republic."

I see the passion Tod and Tori have for their beliefs, their conviction, and am encouraged that Ben may just be wrong on that last one. At least I hope so.

No comments: