Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Saturday...

Decision time. Do I go to the game or do I stay at the beautiful cabin and watch the game here? Here's the view...


I'll go. I'll go. I'll go. I'll go. I'll go. I'll...I'll go.

After a morning of hanging out, playing darts and foos and watching college football, we started the trek out to Seattle. The area is truly beautiful. There are not many places as breathtaking as the Pacific Northwest. We traveled over Lake Washington and Mercer Island, where all the rich people live, and marveled at the houses and boats. The city is very pretty as well. Very New Yorky. Busy.

We made our way to the Space Needle and the Music Experience museum where you can experience...music. Mike Tod and Paul went to the museum while Steve, Dad and I went to the bar. I'm all for music and the like but for some reason I just felt like sitting in a nice chair watching college football on a big screen TV while drinking a CC and Diet Coke. It was all I dreamed it would be.

Our next stop was the Ivar Salmon House to meet the guy who had our game tickets. He was a nice guy. Al was his name. He informed us that a boat leaves from the restaurant to the game and brings you back for $20. We asked if they had any seats left and they did. We asked if they had any reservations open for 6 and they did. So, we decided to stay and eat at Ivar's and take the boat to the game. We were seated in the restaurant and here was our view...

We had a great meal and off to the boat we went.

Everything came together very well for this trip. The house, the car, the tickets, the meal, the boat. It was all good.

There is something about being on the water. Maybe it's the different perspective, seeing land from that point of view. It's just relaxing. The boat let us off about 100 yards from the stadium. By the time we made it to our seats, we had about 20 minutes until game time. Spent that time looking out at Lake Union and the full moon and knowing I made the right decision to be there.

We won 27-7. I watched the replay later at home and there were a couple of things that happened in the game I did not even know had happened...and I was in the stadium. The boat ride back was just what the Dr ordered. The drive back was a little long but Paul got us there safe and sound.

It was a long day so we all just headed off to bed.

And that was Saturday.

No comments: