Monday, November 24, 2008

It was a 3 party weekend...

Friday night we had Chompy's first birthday party. We had a full house. Both sides of the family were there along with some friends. Chompy received much booty. A lot of clothes which is exactly what she needed. She doesn't need many toys. I just leave my cereal bowls out and she loves turning those over.

Saturday Kelly and her mom and sister threw a surprise birthday party for her father. 70 years young. He was completely surprised. It was a great success. He had some students there from Irving High School when he was the choir director in the 1960's. Kelly made a slide show showing his progression through the years. Big turnout and everyone had a good time.

After the party, I went home and lit a fire in the fire pit outside. Smoked a cigar and watched the Sooners beat the ever-loving crap out of the Red Raiders. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if it was UCLA doing that to SC. Other than that, it was perfect. Madison, Ian, Chompy and Kelly came home from eating and came out and sat with me by the fire. Yep. It was a very good night.

Sunday was the potluck lunch on which I have already expounded. No need to embarrass myself further.

I just described three days out of my life that on the surface seem rather mundane. But the devil is in the details; or in this case the angels. I didn't mention on Sunday night how Madison, Ian and I played a game with the big purple ball where I would hold it in my hands and they would hit it out of my hands where it would sometimes go straight up in the air and land on my head: thereby causing me to make funny faces and pretend to be dizzy. I am comedy. They were laughing so hard they got the hiccups.

I also didn't describe holding Chompy at the surprise party and having everyone tell me how beautiful she was. A few even asked if she was doing any modeling. Needless to say, I would love her even if she looked like me but as it is I just give it the big Barney Fife, "Yep that's my girl."

I also didn't describe how Kelly looked on Saturday. Because I can't. Words fail me. She was absolutely stunning. She is the epitome of class, style and grace. I am a lucky lucky man.

And yes, I did tell her that on Saturday night.

2 comments:

Mike and Kim said...

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)

Kerri said...

And by "telling" her, you mean..??