Friday, November 7, 2008

So, if you listen...

to the McCain campaign, Sarah Palin was the problem. You know the one who had 20000 people at every rally. The one who actually moved McCain ahead of Obama after her introduction. The one who is a true conservative. The one who actually cleaned up corruption in her own party.

Yea, that one.

I don't know where the McCain staffers are coming from since no one can seem to find any of them, but this is just par for the course for McCain. Something doesn't go your way, blame the other guy. First Bush now Palin. I don't think he understands that the maverick thing will only take you so far. Call me crazy but I think support from your base is normally a prerequisite for winning an election.

He didn't have it.

The proof.

Palin gave it to him. But the ultimate fact that a VP pick doesn't sway an election came into play.

Make no mistake, McCain was a media pick. In 2000 he was the media darling, the "Maverick" who bucked the conservative system. The moderate who reached across the aisle. Bush was closer to being a conservative than McCain was so they touted McCain.

Look at 2008, Romney, Thompson, Huckabee, Giuliani, McCain. Which one of these was the least conservative? You could make a case that Giuliani is and I might agree with you but regardless McCain was certainly in the shallow end of that conservative pool. Which reminds me, we have to close our primaries. I don't want Hippie McTreeHugger voting for my candidate. But I digress, I think Romney would have stood a much better chance against Obama especially with his economics background.

It's all water under the bridge now I guess.

We just need to quit lobbing up 70 year old war veterans for the libs to keep smashing back at us.

I now begin my preparation for 2012. Jindal? Palin? Pawlenty? Putnam? Thune? I'm not sure. I really like Jindal. But do we want to sacrifice an up and comer in 2012 at the altar of Obama? Unless we have Carter era inflation and misery indexes I don't see him not winning another term.

I'm tired.

1 comment:

Rick J. said...

Yes we can! This slogan inspired millions of liberals, media members, coin flipping moderates and yes, even 20% of conservatives. The new President-elect ran a flawless campaign. I compare this to a kick returner out runnning his blockers.

The campaign was so effective he has the White House and wider margins in both chambers of congress. The only thing President-elect Obama lost was political cover (unless you count the media).

To the Obama supporters, Congrats! Be careful what you wish for it might just come true.

John, 2012 is a long way off. Get some sleep the sun will still come up in the morning.