Friday, June 13, 2008

Graduation day...

Madison graduated today. She graduated to Kindergarten from her day school. I have plenty of pictures which will be up later today. She won the most determined award. I have no idea what that means. I hope it was given to her because she was determined to make the most of her school time by reading and practicing math and creating an environment for her and her classmates conducive to learning. She probably got it for being first in the lunch line everyday. It's kind of like the kid with ADD getting the most enthusiastic. You can't give him most disruptive so you settle on enthusiastic. Come to think of it I got that award alot. I keed. I keed. Madison's award was well deserved because we see her at home practicing and practicing. That's why she reads so well.

Cute scene. After the ceremony she came up the aisle to where we were sitting and Ian came out of the pew and gave her a big hug, unsolicited and without a punch at the end of it. It was oh so cute and we didn't have the camera ready. I don't belong to the "let's recreate the spontaneity" crowd who would push the children together in a fake embrace and have them stand there waiting for the flash. Nope. I have that image in my memory and that's good enough for me.

Madison also had soccer practice. Kelly took her this time. They had a good time. Madison is a very good dribbler. With the soccer ball, smart guys. Ian, Reagan and I hung out at home.

Ian is really coming into his own. He understands more and is less prone to tantrums. You can explain the situation to him and he does not go ballistic. More often then not he says OK and accepts what you have told him and that is that. He still has his moments but for the most part they are dwindling.

Reagan is still just Reagan. She is rolling around on the floor. Smiles alot. Sleeps well. Eats well at times. We are in limbo with her right now. She should be getting teeth any time now. Crawling is just around the corner. So until she gets more exciting there won't be much about her. I keed. I keed.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Ok --- please explain "I KEED". I have no idea what it means. Thank you!

John said...

"I keed. I keed." Is just "I kid. I kid." Triumph the insult comic is a dog puppet who speaks with an accent and after he insults someone he says, I keed. I keed. in his accent. That was a strange reference. Sorry.

Kerri said...

We are SO sorry we couldn't make it to Madison's ceremony. Work, work, work.... but we want you and her to know how proud we are! We just know that she will be the best kindergartener!! And the most determined...well, that is super obvious. Listen to the girl read. Love you guys!!