Monday, June 2, 2008

Same old same old...

We had a good weekend. Pretty uneventful. Kelly, Madison and Reagan went to Kelly's cousin's daughter's graduation from high school on Friday night. Fun was had by all. They didn't get home until about 12:45. It's all par for the course for her side of the family. If there are at least 2 of them in a room at one time, it is a rule they must go out to eat. Well, there were over 20 of them on Friday so you do the math.

Ian and I stayed home. Boys night in watching Cars and Monsters or as Ian calls them, "A Queen" and "Sully and My". We had a good time too.

I really want to get to know my son. He seems like a cool kid. Not unlike his old man. He will have none of it however. He likes to do his own thing. He'll give a hug and kiss when asked but as for sitting down and discussing the events of the day, not so much.

Saturday was spent in the pool. 3 times for Ian and Madison. Twice for me and once for Kelly. In the winter, sometimes I question why I had the pool put in. In the summer, I never do. It was a great investment. If you don't have one, get one. (Hint. Hint.)

Sunday I went to a movie with my Godson Craig, my brother Mike's boy. We saw Iron Man. It was good. You have to get by all of the liberal preaching but you have to do that in every movie nowadays. Robert Downey Jr is a good actor. Too bad his life was such a mess. He is making something of a comeback and good for him. I hope he put his troubles behind him. We could use another good actor.

All in all another fun, relaxing, enjoyable weekend in this greatest nation on God's green earth.

No comments: