Thursday, June 5, 2008

Night night...

Going to bed around our house is getting to be a chore. Reagan is fine and Madison is OK but Ian, oy vey! The other night I put him down at 9:00 and he finally fell asleep at 10:45. He just keeps getting up form his bed. I will tuck him in and sit outside his door. He usually comes out 3 to 4 times and I keep putting him back in his bed. A side note: What he does when he sees me is very cute. Picture a movie where a guy needs to look around a corner at someone. He will peer out from behind the corner in a very slow constant motion. When that someone turns in the guys direction, he very suddenly pulls himself back behind the corner. A very quick jerky motion. When Ian peers out from behind the corner he is moving...very...slowly...our eyes meet...he retreats behind the wall...in the same...slow...movement. Funny stuff.

Where was I. Oh yes, after a few minutes he doesn't come out so I go downstairs. A few minutes later here he comes around the corner all smiles.

"Ian, back to bed please."

"Mi-mohw"

"No Mickey Mouse it's bed time"

"Na"

"No snack it's bed time. Come on."

"OK. Nigh Nigh Mommy"

Then it's off to bed again. At least though we don't have to go through his ritual again. It consists of holding his hand as we walk up the stairs so he can take the steps one at a time with only one foot like I do. Turning on his light. Putting in his music which consists of "The Wheels on the Bus", complete with hand gestures and "La Bamba" complete with dance steps. During the songs he will take his cars and run them along the top of the dresser. He will play the xylophone and yell out the colors and he will look at a Wiggles book. Now, we tried to nip this in the bud but tantrums commenced and picking your battles was our motto.

I'm sure the novelty of getting out of bed will eventually wear off and he'll just go to sleep. In the mean time, we are so freaking tired and it is so late we have no choice but to go to bed.

It would be nice to talk with my wife again. Anybody talked to her lately? How's she doing? She's a great gal. I hope she's OK.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel -- do I have a husband? Scott, right??