Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers Day...

Yep. That's me and my dad. I guess that was taken about...3 years ago. Good times. I still have that shirt.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of the dads out there, Happy Fathers Day!

But I would especially like to wish my dad a Happy Fathers Day!

Thanks dad. For teaching me to tackle. Thanks for teaching me to ride a mini-bike... upside down. Thanks for playing catch with me. Thanks for being just stern enough to know you meant business. Thanks for knowing my limits. Thanks for a singing voice. Thanks for a conservative mindset. Thanks for showing me what it means to be a real man. Thanks for all my cars. And my braces. And my schooling. Thanks for understanding. Thanks for caring. Thanks for always being there. Thanks for being a friend when I needed one. And thanks for being a Father when I needed one too. Thanks for being the blueprint of what a dad should be.

You may not have thought I was paying attention. But I was

I hope I am half as successful with my kids as you were with yours.

I love you, dad.

This scene from this movie never fails to bring a tear to my eye and always reminds me of my dad. He always had time for a catch.


No comments: