Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's all in my head...

Yesterday was a good day. We all got up and went to the Coppell farmer's market. It was fun. We bought some fruits and vegetables. I bought some grass fed beef and Kelly got some Alaska salmon. It ain't your daddy's farmer's market. Organic seems to be the way to go now. All of the organic stands had long lines. I felt sorry for the chemically enhanced tomatoes lady. She was lonely. I think it's great. Growing healthier foods. Eating healthier. It's a win-win.

I mowed the lawn when we came home. Nothing like a sense of accomplishment. There is something about seeing the fruits of your labor. It is something else entirely to see the your fruit of the looms.

We all hopped in the pool and cooled off. It was marvelous. Did I mention I bought some stuff to put in the pool that makes it crystal clear and softer? Well, I did.

I later was on my way to work thinking I had left my phone there when I looked down and lo and behold there it was on the floorboard. I didn't have to go all the way there. Score!

Kelly took Madison to a shower and I spent the afternoon with Ian and Reagan. Reagan slept most of time as did I. I put Reagan down and Ian asked to watch Ooh and Aah. Puppet monkeys on Playhouse Disney. These monkeys are actually very funny. You can tell the guys who master the puppets are catering to the kids but with their mannerisms and comedic timing it is enjoyable for this adult as well. I love those kinds of shows. Anyhoo, Ian asked me to watch with him so I laid...lied...lain...plopped down in bed with him and promptly fell asleep. He let me go for about 45 minutes before requesting another movie. A nice nap with my favorite dude. If I wasn't talking about my son, that could sound relatively weird.

Spent the evening with Mike and Kim's family. Repaying them for all they have done for us. Had a good meal and a good swim and a good dessert. Kelly made blueberry pie with fresh blueberrys she bought at the farmer's market. Good conversation too.

A wonderful day.

I'm just glad I was in a good mood. If not, the day may have sounded like this:

(begin bad day)

Got up and went to a farmers market where the prices were outrageous. It was hot lugging three kids around! What a pain! I could have mowed the lawn instead but I had to wait until we got home. It was freakin hot. I wanted to get in the pool to cool off and relax but to no avail. Everyone got in too. I had to lug Ian around as he jumped from everywhere and throw Madison. I left my freaking glasses at work so I went to go get them. Half way there I found them on my floorboard. Half a trip to work all that gas wasted for nothing.

Kelly had to go galavanting so I was stuck watching the kids again. As if a week of work isn't enough. Is it too much to ask for a Saturday of rest?

Unfortunately, we had asked Mike and his family to come over earlier in the week. I am damn tired and do not want company. Maybe they'll leave early.

(end bad day)

Yep. It's all in the way you look at it. I'm glad my head was right yesterday. I would have missed a beautiful day.

P.S.Now, the win-win statement may come as a surprise to some of you. But like I told Kelly, to choose to go green is a good thing. To be told to go green, by telling me what kind of light bulbs I can have in my house and how much water can flow from my toilet, not so much.

No comments: