Thursday, June 12, 2008

O-bla-di O-bla-da...

life goes on.

Sometimes you fall into a rut. There is not much you can do about it. Work becomes mundane. I become mundane. Funny word "mundane". Funny word "funny" for that matter. I think I will pull myself out now because this could grow into one horrible loop and I don't think anyone wants that.

Music helps with the blahs, though. One song in particular, which you are probably hearing right now, is "There Goes My Life" by Kenny Chesney. It's about this high school kid who finds out his girlfriend is pregnant. He's too young for this. Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before...I digress. He is bummed that he is not going to be able to go to the west coast and hang like he wanted. The chorus says, "There goes my life. There goes my future. My everything. Might as well kiss it all goodbye. There goes my life."

The second verse picks up the story a couple of years later after many sleepless nights and a thousand diapers. Her pictures cover the fridge. He is watching his daughter climb the stairs to his wife to go to bed dragging that teddy bear. The 2nd chorus "There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. I love you. Daddy, good night. There goes my life."

Last verse is he is checking his daughters car to make sure it is ready for her trip to college. As she drives off, "There goes my life. There goes my future, my everything. I love you, baby. Good bye."

Sad and uplifting song that reminds me of my children and it always brings a smile to my face. I'm only human so the funks will come but I just hope to keep them at bay a little longer and usher them on their way a little sooner with the help of music.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Great song. Never heard it until your blog - love the words! Thanks for sharing.